AFB Motorcycles (we, our, us or AFB Motorcycles) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our policy and any other documents referred to in it) explains how we will collect, store and use any personal information about you so please read the following carefully.
Data protection principles
From 25th May 2018 and unless and until it is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (i) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
We commit to comply with data protection law. Personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used in a transparent, fair and lawful manner.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and no other purpose.
- Kept up to date and accurate.
- Held for the purposes we stipulated and as long as necessary.
- Held securely.
The information AFB Motorcycles holds about you
PII (personal information) or personal data, meaning information on an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- Information you consented to give us. By registering via one of AFB Motorcycles websites, www.afbmotorcycles.co.uk or any other site operated by us.
- Order placement, social media interaction, promotion or competition entry, survey, or when you report a problem. Such data or information might contain your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our site(s) we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and browser information;
- Analytical Insights, information including your location, traffic data, web logs and other communication data.
- Information received via third parties. We may receive information about you from third parties (including business partners providing technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks and analytics).
- What will we use your personal information for?
AFB Motorcycles uses your information:
- to process your orders and manage your account
- (where you consent) to communicate with you about our products and promotions;
- participation in website and dealership activities.
- identity verification;
- enabling third parties to perform technical, logistical or required specialist activities our behalf.
- to prevent and detect fraud or abuses of our site.
- When we have a legal obligation to disclose or use your information (for example, an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing personal information with third parties
We will not transfer your information to anyone for marketing purposes without your consent. Certain circumstances may necessitate us to share your personal information with third parties under such conditions:
Our manufacturers, suppliers and service providers
- In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery, manufacturers and marketing service providers.
- we will only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
- during order processing we may send your details to and use information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- Legally obliged to do so.
- enforcement or apply the terms of our contract with you; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of AFB Motorcycles, our customers, or others.
How long will we keep your information?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years where purchases have taken place.
What are the consequences of failing to provide personal information or withdrawing consent?
If you fail to provide certain information when requested:
- We may not be able to fulfil your orders or perform other aspects of any contract we have entered into with you
- We may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations
Informing us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, usually when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and your personal information will be kept secure.
What are your rights?
Right of access- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to [email protected], or in writing to AFB Motorcycles, Unit 2, East Quay Park, Bridgwatwer, Somerset, TA6 4DB.
In most cases we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We must without delay and in any event within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
- confirm what personal data we hold about you;
- provide a copy of the data in a commonly used electronic form; and
- provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Where requests are obviously unfounded or excessive we can refuse to respond. In such cases, we will, within one month, explain why and will inform you of your right to complain to our Supervisory Authority and to pursue a legal remedy.
Data portability– in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine readable format
Rights of Correction and Erasure (“right to be forgotten”)you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Right to withdraw consent or restrict processing
Processing for marketing purposes– You may object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. When you register and every time we get in touch with you, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out.
Processing for our legitimate interest– You can object to any processing which is for our legitimate interests or those of a third party in which case, the processing must stop, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights, or where the processing is necessary in relation to legal action.
You can raise an objection, withdraw consent or restrict processing by email to [email protected], or in writing to Riders of Bridgwater Ltd, Riders House, Wylds Road, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 4DH.
Complaints procedure– We can be contacted by email, telephone or in writing
How we keep your information secure
We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your information and will take reasonable steps to try to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any of your information will provide sufficient protection of that information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites mentioned tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Our website site may, will links to and from the websites of our manufacturers, advertisers, group websites and affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these. Please make sure you are happy with these policies before you submit personal data to these organisatsons via their websites.
How to contact us